How self storage can help your business grow
Many people are now turning to self-employment or starting their own business as the competition for entry-level and graduate jobs continues to increase. Innovations in technology and the rise of digital sales have made the dream of starting your own business much more attainable. An ever-increasing number of people are now looking to start up their own ecommerce businesses and sell products online.
With many markets becoming saturated, starting a new business and keeping it afloat requires a lot of hard work, dedication and flexibility. If you haven’t run your own business before then it can be a daunting task. Even if your business has some early success, it can be difficult to know how to grow your business and when to expand it. Self storage can solve a lot of problems for new businesses and play a large part in their growth.
What types of business can benefit from self storage?
Essentially, all kinds of small businesses can benefit from self storage as it is a cost effective way of expanding your company. Here are some examples of businesses that can benefit from using self storage.
- E-commerce – If your business is based online and you don’t have a physical store, then self storage could help you to increase the amount of stock that you hold. Storing it all in your home or office can take up a lot of space and can prove costly if you end up moving to bigger premises just to fit everything in. Additionally, you are likely to get a better deal if you can buy your stock in bulk.
- Mail Order Distribution – Whether you do this yourself or have a marketplace page on somewhere like Amazon or Etsy, a self storage unit can act as your warehouse, office and distribution centre all in one. Make sure to choose a storage company that offers free Wi-Fi to help you save even more.
- Tradesmen – If you are self-employed in a trade such as plumbing or electricals, you are likely to have a lot of different parts that need storing. Taking out a small storage unit could help you gain more space in your home. You can choose a storage company that’s located close to your clients. Many of the leading storage companies will have climate controlled storage available if required.
If you have your own business then self storage could help you to grow and expand. You might have proved successful in what you are doing and want to take your business to the next level. Even if you’re just starting out but want to grow, self storage could provide the solution. Renting office or warehouse space can be costly and often involves long-term commitments. Self storage is a short-term solution and you can manage your costs more effectively.
- Short-term contracts – With self-storage you don’t have to commit for the long term, which helps you to manage costs much more effectively.
- Flexibility – Self storage can offer much more flexible terms over office space or warehouses. You can easily cancel your storage should your situation change.
- Security – Your belongings will be kept safe in a highly secure storage unit, with security monitoring the store 24/7 at no extra cost.