Take Your Business Meetings to New Heights with Video Conferencing
Traditional business meetings in boardrooms are becoming less of the norm within corporate culture. The reasons behind this are plentiful and have led many corporations to go the virtual route. For example, it is much more time-consuming to contact all desired attendees to organize a typical boardroom meeting. This is especially so for international attendees. Also, they are more costly when factoring in things like gas for driving and plane tickets. This includes special accommodations for business trips, such as meals and hotel reservations. Why settle for all that when you can have better business meetings for a fraction of the effort and cost? Read below the advantages of video conferencing software like Blue Jeans.
1. Video Conferences are Time-savers and Eco-friendly
These conferences can be conducted at any time as well as from anywhere, says The Telegraph. You can cut out time-restraints because differences in location, such as with countries, do not matter. Meetings can be held smoothly and effectively, although there can be a time difference of several hours present between attendees. In addition, less travel means less harmful toxins being released into the environment from exhaust pipes of motor vehicles, etc.
2. Video Conferences Reduce Financial Expenses
They can help you save money because of having no need to spend it on travel. You can save money on gas, plane tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, special business attire, medical expenses, dining out, and more. Businesses can then afford put the extra funds into other company projects, like merchandise or the maintenance of a website.
3. Video Conferences Promote Inclusiveness
Since these meetings can be done from anywhere, it’s easier to get a highly diverse group of people involved in business projects. For example, a company can feel more encouraged to build relationships with business partners on the other side of the world via video conferences. It is also easier to get messages across clearly to one’s audience through this method instead of emails or phone calls. This offers added benefits of face-to-face communication and the interpretation of facial expressions and body language.
4. Video Conferences Allow for Easier Transmission of Information
Meeting attendees have the benefit of sharing information much quicker through virtual conferences than by email. This allows participants to communicate their concerns, motives, and goals between each other simultaneously. There can be a faster turnaround for time-sensitive projects. Also, problems that are encountered can be solved earlier.
5. Video Conferences Improve Work-life Balance
They add increased flexibility and convenience to one's lifestyle. People can manage to spend less money and travel less. This allows for more money and time to be spent on more important endeavors. For example, virtual meetings can be held in the comfort of one's own home. Therefore, it is far less time-consuming to transition from work to home life. This method is especially useful for remote employees and freelancers, who typically work from home.
Tips for Having Productive Virtual Meetings
- Entrepreneur suggests that you be aware of your software’s video settings. Before you start any meeting, you should check that you have the proper video settings in place for a successful experience. Make sure to check if your microphone is muted before giving a monologue, for example.
- Mute your microphone when you're not speaking, even if you are the only one in the room. It is important to limit background noise that would otherwise interfere with other people speaking.
- Dress appropriately for all your meetings. Even if you have decided to participate in a meeting from the comfort of your home, do not settle for excessively casual clothing. In other words, do not wear pajamas or athletic gear, etc. Keep it professional.
- Ensure that the attendees viewing you witness a clean, tidy, and business-friendly background of the room you stay in. Avoid having any distracting decorations in your surroundings that would make you appear unprofessional.
- It is important to be polite to all attendees. Be sure to introduce yourself before discussing business matters within a small group. There are several conference programs that indicate who is speaking, but conference line numbers do not. Remember to introduce yourself beforehand.
- Avoid checking and reading emails during your meetings. This can make you appear disengaged to the attendees. Remember to remain focused on the meeting agenda, and give your full attention to each person. You would want others to do the same for you and take you seriously.