Fraud Detection and Prevention Market to Reach $90.07 Billion by 2030: Grand View Research, Inc.
The global fraud detection and prevention market size is anticipated to reach USD 90.07 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 17.6% from 2023 to 2030, according to a recent study by Grand View Research, Inc. The proliferation of smartphones and the continued rollout of high-speed internet networks has triggered the adoption of mobile banking practices. Mobile banking helps reduce the crowds at banks and allows users to transact irrespective of location. According to a GSMA report, nearly 300 million individuals got connected for the first time to mobile internet in 2018, thereby taking the total global connected population to over 3.5 billion. While mobile-based payment applications, such as Paytm, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal, among others, gained traction in line with the rising number of smartphone users, these applications also emerged as the major targets of fraudsters, thereby prompting banks to offer online banking services and payment services companies to opt for fraud detection and prevention solutions to counter fraudsters' intrusion threats and save the users from monetary losses.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- The service segment of the market by component is projected to witness the highest growth rate over 2023-2030. Organizations in developing economies are increasingly implementing robust fraud prevention strategies. Organizations require integration, consulting, training, and support services from fraud prevention service providers to implement a robust framework. The need for such professional consulting and other third-party services to detect fraud in real-time is expected to drive the segment growth over the forecast period.
- The fraud analytics segment of the market by solution is projected to witness the highest growth rate over 2023-2030. Applications of such predictive and preventive analytical tools help enterprises take essential remediation measures. The potential benefits offered by the solutions are expected to drive the segment's growth over the forecast period.
- The managed services segment of the market by service is projected to witness the highest growth rate over 2023-2030. Managed service providers monitor business transactions and mines unusual user behavior in real-time across big data generated across all touchpoints driving its adoption.
- The identity theft segment is projected to have the highest growth rate over the forecast period. Identity theft practices increase as criminals adapt to the foiling authentication process, thereby driving its growth.
- The large enterprise segment is projected to occupy the largest share of the market by 2030, holding more than 70%of the market share. Fraudulent activities ranging from phishing and money laundering to distributed denial-of-service are prevalent among large enterprises, and such attacks could negatively impact business profit.
- By vertical, the retail & e-commerce segment is projected to witness the highest growth rate over the forecast period, owing to an increasing need to protect customer information, including financial information such as credit card details and bank account details, among others. This has resulted in the broader adoption of fraud detection and prevention among retail & e-commerce vertical.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 has triggered the adoption of mobile banking services as banking service users prefer to avoid travel and human contact within bank premises. MX, a digital transformation platform for credit unions, banks, and fintech, revealed new research findings related to consumer spending and mobile banking adoption amid the economic uncertainty stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. The data released in April 2020 has revealed a 50% increase in mobile banking engagement to control finances and plan the individual economic future. While the adoption of mobile banking is rising significantly, mobile banking is also getting potentially vulnerable to fraudulent activities, such as account takeovers, carrier data breaches, call center fraud, subscription fraud, and phishing, among others, thereby driving the demand for fraud detection and prevention solutions over the forecast period.
Fraud Detection and Prevention Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global fraud detection and prevention market based on component, solution, service, application, organization size, vertical, and region
Fraud Detection and Prevention Market - Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
Fraud Detection and Prevention Market - Solution Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- Fraud Analytics
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC)
Fraud Detection and Prevention Market - Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
Fraud Detection and Prevention Market - Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- Identity Theft
- Money Laundering
- Payment Fraud
Fraud Detection and Prevention Market - Organization Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- Large Enterprises
Fraud Detection and Prevention Market - Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- Government & Defense
- IT & Telecom
- Industrial & Manufacturing
- Retail & E-commerce
Fraud Detection and Prevention Market - Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- South Korea
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
List of Key Players in the Fraud Detection and Prevention Market
- ACI Worldwide, Inc.
- BAE Systems
- Dell Inc.
- Equifax, Inc.
- Experian plc
- Fiserv, Inc.
- NICE Ltd.
- SAP SE
- SAS Institute Inc.
- SEON Technologies Ltd.
- Software AG
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Payment Security Market - The global payment security market size is expected to reach USD 64.34 billion by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 13.9% from 2023 to 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growth of the market can be attributed to the rise in fraudulent activities in recent years. According to a survey by FIS, in April 2021, there has been a considerable increase in financial fraud throughout the pandemic, with customers increasingly embracing online services when conducting purchases. According to the FIS report, an increasing number of consumers are falling victim to cyber fraudsters, with 34% of surveyed participants reporting that they had experienced financial fraud in the past year.
- Artificial Intelligence In Fintech Market - The global artificial intelligence in fintech market size is expected to reach USD 41.16 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 16.5% from 2022 to 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Artificial intelligence (AI) is widely used in financial organizations to improvise their precision levels, enhance their efficiency and instant query resolving through digital banking channels. AI technology like machine learning can help organizations raise their value by improving loan underwriting and eliminating financial risk. Organizations are also using it to build more robust fraud detection and prevention systems and help accelerate risk assessments and fraud detection.
- Insurance Fraud Detection Market - The global insurance fraud detection market size is expected to reach USD 9.7 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 13.7% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Detecting and preventing fraudulent activities is a global challenge for insurers. However, the emergence of advanced solutions such as the use of automated business rules, self-learning models, text mining, predictive analytics, image screening, network analysis, and device identification is expected to deliver actionable insights to improve claims processes. As a result, insurance organizations are adopting fraud detection solutions that not only recognize the genuine claims process but also reduce the number of false positives.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc