Alina Popescu has practiced in top tier Romanian law firms, being at the forefront of some of the largest projects and transactions unfolded in Romania as well as of some of the most significant commercial and investment arbitrations involving Romanian counsels. She is highly experienced in commercial & contract law and corporate matters as well as in mergers & acquisitions, having advised a broad range of high profile private clients and multinational corporations in connection with the structuring and implementation of high value investment projects in various sectors, as well as with respect to the successful closing and enforcement of intricate commercial and M&A transactions, including competition related aspects. Alina also acts as lead counsel in connection with legal advice provided in day-to-day commercial and corporate matters, being known for her exceptional insight of the clients’ activity and organisation. In addition, she has a vast expertise in international commercial and investment arbitration proceedings as well as enforcement and setting aside of arbitral awards, being acknowledged for her ability to identify the core legal issues to be addressed and approaches to be tackled in view of building strategies for success. Alina’s expertise equally extends to amicable settlement of disputes as well as the configuration of the client’s pre-litigation conduct meant at achieving a favourable out-of-court settlement and to increase chances for success in court, having obtained in this respect notable and cost saving results.
- Romanian, English and French
- LL.M in European Union Law, Montesquieu Bordeaux IV University (2004)
- LL.B, Bucharest University Law School (2003)
- Bucharest Bar Association (Admitted 2004)
- International Bar Association
- Co-author of the article “Dealing with abusive enforcement of LGs under Romanian jurisdiction”, published in the European Newsletter review edited by Sweet & Maxwell.
- Co-author of the article “Is arbitration still an option for public contracts related disputes?”, published in the Arbitration News review edited by the International Bar Association.
- Co-author of the article “The new provisions of French law on international arbitration”, published in the Romanian Arbitration Review.
- Contributor to the Doing Business guide edited by the World Bank.
- Contributor to Doing Business in Europe guide edited by Sweet & Maxwell.
- Contributor of over 50 legal digests published in the European Current Law review edited by Sweet & Maxwell.
- Author of the article "Highlights regarding the EC proposal for a Common European Sales Law", published in the International Sales Newsletter edited by the International Bar Association, June 2013 issue
- Co-author of the article “Romanian Arbitration Law - one step forward, two steps back", published in the Arbitration News review edited by the International Bar Association
This user does not belong to any groups