AEM - Portuguese Issuers Association is a non-profit association whose main aim is the successful, transparent and sustainable development of the modern national capital market, in order to establish it as a relevant funding source and a significant contributor to an increased competitiveness of the Portuguese companies as well as to the country’s economic growth.
AEM represents all the issuing corporations and group of companies listed on the Lisbon Stock Exchange Index PSI 20, as well as the majority of other issuing companies, and, as the representative voice of the Portuguese Issuers, AEM values all subjects related to the governance of companies.
Abel Sequeira Ferreira is also, currently:
• Member of the Board of European Issuers (the European Association of Listed companies);
• Chairman of the Expert Working Group on Central Securities Depositories of European
• Member of the Advisory Committee of the CMVM (the Portuguese Regulator)
• Member of Issuers Senior Advisory Committee of Euronext Lisbon
• Member of the Consulting Committee of Interbolsa ( the Portuguese Central Securities
• Member of CMVM/SME’s Forum for the capital markets
Abel Sequeira Ferreira has a Law degree as well as master's degree (L.L.M) from the University of
Lisbon. At the moment he is finalizing his doctorate by IBS-ISCTE Business School (with research in the area of Corporate Governance).
He taught undergraduate courses in law schools and Business Schools and, presently, is teaching in postgraduate courses.
Regularly gives conferences in Portugal and abroad.Mr. Abel Ferreira