Joost Schutte specialises in capital markets, primarily equity, and in financial markets regulation. In ECM he regularly assists domestic corporates and investment banks, but also large international corporates with an NV-holding company, and foreign companies seeking a listing on NYSE Euronext Amsterdam. Joost deals with all aspects of listings and offerings, including prospectus drafting, where necessary involving the specialist knowledge of other De Brauw departments such as IP, and securing AFM prospectus approval. This assistance is rendered independently as well as, where desired, in close cooperation with foreign law firms.
He also assists corporates in their compliance with transparency requirements, market abuse and stock exchange rules and advises on employee incentive plans, together with De Brauw’s Tax, Employment and Data Protection groups. In FMR he advises on licence requirements and the ongoing obligations, such as conduct of business rules, of regulated entities including banks and insurance companies.
Recent work includes advising:
- D.E Master Blenders 1753 on their spin-off and listing on NYSE Euronext Amsterdam
- insurer Aviva plc as selling shareholder in the EUR 1 billion IPO of Delta Lloyd NV on Euronext Amsterdam
- real estate fund Corio on its EUR 600 million documented accelerated bookbuild equity raise to partially finance its simultaneous EUR 1.3 billion acquisition
- Qiagen, a provider of sample and assay technologies, on its USD 640 million documented accelerated bookbuild equity raise
- SBM Offshore on its EUR 180 million “sub 10” accelerated bookbuild equity raise
- SNS Bank on its EUR 135 million “sub 10” accelerated bookbuild equity raise.
From 1995 until 1998 Joost worked in De Brauw’s London office with a focus on debt capital markets and regulatory advice, and in a London investment bank. Joost is a member of NYSE Euronext’s Listing Committee (Commissie Noteringen).